Get ready to stylishly bust your stash and scraps with a fresh take on a time-honored quilt-making technique: String quilts!
- 16 stash-busting projects include table toppers, wall hangings, and full-size bed quilts
- Over 300 photos and illustrations walk you step-by-step through the techniques and projects
- Step-by-step guides take you through every part of string quilting, from basics like cutting strings to specialty techniques such as using tulle
- Helpful tips and suggestions can be found throughout each technique and project
- Use up your stash and scraps of fabric that are too small for other projects
Strings are strips and scraps of fabric that are usually too small to be useful for most projects, but they're just right for the fun designs in this complete step-by-step guide!
Classic to Contemporary String Quilts takes you through every step of the string quilting process with helpful tips and suggestions. The front of the book is packed with string quilt techniques, followed by 16 quilt projects with clear instructions and diagrams.
Author and quilting teacher Mary M. Hogan offers a fresh take on a fun, time-honored technique, reimagining many traditional and beloved quilt blocks—like the Card Trick or Churn Dash—as string blocks.
Using strings, each classic quilt is unique, and updated for the 21st century with bold colors and contemporary settings. From wall hangings to full-size bed quilts, these 16 fun stash-busting projects take string quilts in a new direction!
If you ever find yourself asking, "What else can I do with strings?" then Classic to Contemporary String Quilts is exactly what you're looking for. With clearly explained techniques, more than 300 step-by-step photos and illustrations, inspiration from Mary M. Hogan, and 16 gorgeous scrappy projects, you've finally found the perfect way to clear out all those scraps!